Tuesday 26 June 2012

Neon Tape Manicure

I have a little ritual that I like to do every few days (sometimes every day!). I get home from work, make myself something to eat, and then sit down in front of my laptop to look through the latest posts from my favourite nail bloggers. One of the bloggers I admire the most is Sammy from The Nailasaurus. I'm constantly amazed by her creativity and skill. I've taken inspiration from her Disco Nails to create today's manicure.

I started this manicure by painting my nails white (in hindsight I wish I'd skipped this step as you can see it peeking out a bit!). I then did two coats of Nina Ultra Pro Punki Pink and Punki Purple - both neons - on alternate fingers, before placing striping tape on my nails and painting over with Nails Inc Black Taxi.

Unsurprisingly, it didn't turn out quite as flawless as Sammy's, but I'm still pretty happy with it. It's got a kind of retro eighties vibe to it. At least if I ever go to an eighties-themed party, I've got my manicure sorted!

Aaaand just because, here is one of my favourite eighties (read: cheesy) songs ever:

1 comment:

  1. LMAO...that song makes me laugh. It's almost as cheesy as Come On Eileen which is another 80's "gem" that always puts me in a silly mood. The neon colors really pop against the black. I like the look of this.

    ReplyDelete