Monday 26 March 2012

Models Own Beetlejuice S/S 2012: Copper Pot

Last week I showed you some quick swatches of the new Models Own Beetlejuice Collection for Spring/Summer 2012 on a nail wheel. Well, for the next three days I will be showing you proper swatches of them on my nails, starting with Copper Pot!

Copper Pot is the least duochrome of the three polishes, shifting from a copper colour (duh) to bronze/yellowy gold. The PR release calls it "a deep olive tan". I prefer the formula on this to what some of last autumn's Beetlejuice polishes had - it didn't pooling at my cuticles, but it did bubble a little (despite waiting a good five minutes between each coat. Boo). I used three coats for my photos, which gave it full opacity.

See what I mean? It looks glow-y rather than duochrome-y. I don't actually like it very much. I'm just not a huge fan of polishes with a yellow or orange tone to them. Meh.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I'd seen your post before I bought this colour; I was equally disappointed with it. The bottle had a petrol like shimmer to it, and I'd hoped it would be the same on my nails - but like you said, it just looked like a glowy yellowy/orange (yorange?) - oh well:) Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete