Wednesday 5 September 2012

Lavender Jelly Sandwich

The title sounds a bit like something edible, doesn't it? Mmmm...

I have had the most AMAZING few days. The historic house I intern at has had filming going on for a BBC TV drama starring Michael Gambon (Dumbledore), Michelle Dockery (Mary in Downton Abbey) and Charlotte Rampling (Never Let Me Go). Holy crap, it was so exciting! I was kind of a general dogsbody but it meant I got to watch a few scenes being filmed. Plus I met Dumbledore! YAYYYY.

So today's manicure is my second ever jelly sandwich (you can see my first here). I began with two coats of China Glaze Sweet Hook (swatches here) before adding a coat of Barry M Lavender Hexograms. You'd think this would be lavender hex glitter, right? Wrong. It's actually purple square glitter with silver micro glitter. I love unusual-shaped glitter, so it ticks all the boxes for me. The formula was okay - I had no trouble getting the glitter out, but I did find that it clumped together a bit. I followed it with OPI Care to Danse?, a sheer lilac, then another coat of Lavender Hexograms and finally a second of Care to Danse? Plus top coat, obviously. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment