Monday 23 April 2012

Happy St George's Day!

Happy St George's Day (and Shakespeare's birthday, and JMW Turner's birthday)! I did festive nails for St Patrick's Day last month, so it's only fair I do them to celebrate England's patron saint too. (In case you were wondering, I am mostly English but with a couple of Irish great-grandparents, and a French grandfather.)

An-y-way, I decided to use the English flag as my inspiration as it's patriotic *cough* and easy *cough* but with a little twist. I used a recent addition to my nail polish collection, Layla Mercury Twilight, a silver linear holographic, as my base (you will be seeing proper swatches of this polish very soon). I then used a striper brush to make the cross shape using China Glaze Ruby Pumps, a red glitter. On with the photos!

So there we have it: my blingy English nails. Is anyone else doing anything to celebrate St George's Day?

2 comments:

  1. I recently got this holo and love it. Ahhh....I wish there were enough varied holos out there for my holo heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a pretty amazing polish, isn't it? It makes me happy just looking at it. :)

      Delete