Sunday 29 April 2012

Andrea Fulerton Rain Fall

Given how much rain there's been here recently, I couldn't not try out a polish called Rain Fall! This is actually an Andrea Fulerton Trio - it's comprised of two polishes that you can wear alone or layer together to create a third colour. Rain Fall consists of a bright metallic blue polish and a darker blue one with green/blue flakies. I forgot to photograph the former before layering the latter over it (oops!), so here they are together:

Ironically, the sun emerged just as I was photographing it. Thank you, Mother Nature!

The formula was unremarkable. I used one coat of the metallic blue and one coat of the flakie polish, which gave full coverage. I really like this combination - it reminds me less of rain than it does a tropical ocean. Which gave me an idea...

I bought some Big Ruby nail tattoos ages ago and keep forgetting to use them. One of the designs I got was sea creatures, so I dug them out and used a different picture for each nail. I think they turned out pretty well:

At the risk of giving anyone else an earworm, I now have 'Under the Sea' from The Little Mermaid stuck in my head...

4 comments:

  1. Tell me about it; the rain is insane. Nice colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      At least the weather is better today. :)

      Delete
  2. Love the nail tattoos over rainfall, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I was really chuffed with how this turned out.

      Delete